quesIs an E-aadhar card a legally valid ID proof for banking purposes?

Is E-Adhaar card not a valid ID proof? I lost my wallet which had all my documents including my ATM card. I went to HDFC bank to get my replacement ATM card on basis of my FIR and e-Adhaar card. I was refused my ATM by them saying that e-Adhaar card is not a valid ID and address proof.

I showed them the RBI guideline which states that e-Adhaar card is a valid proof. They still are not accepting the Adhaar card as a valid proof and are not giving me a replacement ATM card.

What should I do now?

E-aadhar Card is a valid address and ID proof and the bank has no right to refuse that. In case you have faced an issue with the acceptance of the same, first send a Legal Notice to the concerned Bank and claim compensation from them due to deficiency of service.

If the bank is not ready to make the payments and apologize for its act, then you have the right to file a complaint before the Consumer Court or file a complaint before the Banking Ombudsmen.

We can help you draft and file your complaint before the Consumer Court  / Banking Ombudsmen to ensure it covers all the details and relevant pain points.