queshow to register trust in delhi when property (madrassa) is in Bihar

We need to register a trust in Delhi and we are 2 trustees but the property, a madrassa is in Bihar. How can we register the trust in Delhi? Need to know the procedure.

  • ans

    If your registered office is in Delhi and the 2 trustees have the id proof of Delhi, then the trust can be registered in Delhi

    Given below is the procedure for Registration of Trust under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882


    1. Before you register your trust you will need to decide the following:

    a) Name of the trust

    b) Address of the trust

    c) Objects of the trust(charitable or Religious)

    d) One settler of the trust

    e) Two trustees of the trust

    f) Property of the trust-movable or immovable property (normally a small amount of cash/cheque is given to be the initial property of the trust, in order to save on the stamp duty).


    2. Prepare a Trust Deed on stamp paper of the requisite value (8% of the
    value of property of the trust in Delhi. The rate varies from state to state)

    3. Requirement for registration of Trust Deed with the Local Registrar under
    the Indian Trusts Act, 1882:

    a) Trust Deed on stamp paper of requisite value (as stated on point no.2 above)

    b) One passport size photograph & copy of the proof of identity of the settler

    c) One passport size photograph & copy of the proof of identity of each of the two trustees.

    d) One passport size photograph & copy of the proof of identity of each of the two witnesses.

    e) Signature of settler on all the pages of the Trust Deed

    f) Witness by two persons on the Trust Deed.


    4. Go to the local registrar & submit the Trust Deed, along with one
    Photocopy, for registration. The photocopy of the Deed should also
    contain the signature of settler on all the pages. At the time of registration,
    the settler & two witnesses are required to be personally present,
    alongwith their identity proof in the original.

    5. The Registrar retains the photocopy & returns the original registered copy
    of the Trust Deed.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

my father is in newyork on b1/b2 visa. he wants to give permission to me…

Sir my husband expired on duty in army 1986. His date of birth in army…
hi.my mother has given me regd.gpa to sale her share of property in 2014.i made…
Like to know about the process of declaratory suit under section 34 of the Specific…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly