Conversion to Christianity from Schedule Caste.
I ask this question on behalf of my relative. His father belongs to Hindu SC category and his mother also belongs to SC category, but she is a Christian. His birth certificate states him as belonging to Hindu SC category. But he was brought up as a Christian. He got job in a public sector government organisation under GENERAL CATEGORY on merit, without any relaxation meant for SC category, even though he applied under SC category. Now my question is, if he wants to embrace Christianity, will it cause any trouble in continuing in his present job.
If he had applied under SC category, how can he be recruited under general category? Please check the facts, However, if he has the caste certificate, then there will be no legal problem in connection with his employment, if he converts to Christianity.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to get FIR cancelled once 498 case is settled
- Can employee not disclose information about his previous employment
- Husband not taking responsibility of child and wife
- Father has put a case on the property transferred to me by GF and aunt
- What are the legal requirements to start a Pvt. Ltd. Company