×

quesConversion to Christianity from Schedule Caste.

I ask this question on behalf of my relative. His father belongs to Hindu SC category and his mother also belongs to SC category, but she is a Christian. His birth certificate states him as belonging to Hindu SC category. But he was brought up as a Christian. He got job in a public sector government organisation under GENERAL CATEGORY on merit, without any relaxation meant for SC category, even though he applied under SC category. Now my question is, if he wants to embrace Christianity, will it cause any trouble in continuing in his present job.

• ansIf he had applied under SC category, how can he be recruited under general category? Please check the facts, However, if he has the caste certificate, then there will be no legal problem in connection with his employment, if he converts to Christianity.