can private vehicles be rented out as taxis on hourly basis
I have an offer from a company who is willing to rent out my private car on an hourly basis to its clients and will pay me rent for the same. Is this allowed under the indian laws to rent out private vehicles as taxi?
If you have a commercial vehicle then as per Motor Vehicle Act, you can rent out the car to the company .
However before renting a car you execute an service level agreement wherein you should mention about the rental and your fees for providing the services.
However if it is your personal vehicle then, we suggest you not to give your vehicle on rental to the company,
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Inlaws gave fake dowry list with FIR how to prove that wrong
- Want to go to US to give interviews what visa do I need
- Municipal corporation constructed road on my land how to remove it
- Changes made in general terms and conditions of employment
- Possession of property under sarfaiesi act