×

quescan private vehicles be rented out as taxis on hourly basis

I have an offer from a company who is willing to rent out my private car on an hourly basis to its clients and will pay me rent for the same. Is this allowed under the indian laws to rent out private vehicles as taxi?

If you have a commercial vehicle then as per Motor Vehicle Act, you can rent out the car to the company .

However before renting a car you  execute an service level agreement wherein you should mention about the rental and your fees for providing the services.

However if it is your personal vehicle then, we suggest you not to give your vehicle on rental to the company,