quesWoman accuses me of her divorce

I have had relations with a married woman in the past, which had ended. I am now married myself. I believe (although I do not know this for a fact) that this person is now filing for divorce as well. She is after me to ‘hold me accountable’. All three of us, this lady, my wife and I work in the same firm.

Please advise what issues she can create legally?

  • ansSection 497 of IPC deals with adultery. If you had relations with a married women her husband can file case of adultery against you. Under this section only the male offender is liable. Under section 497 of IPC in case you had sexual relations without the consent or connivance of her husband it is punishable with an imprisonment for up to 5 years or fine or both.

    In such cases wife cannot be punished as an abettor you have mentioned that the married women wants to hold you accountable. Did you have sexual relations with her under promise of marriage? Did you exchange any emails or sms or letters wherein you promised her marriage? In such a case she can file case of rape against you.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My sister is going for divorce as she cannot live with her false husband. He…

If Husband Leaves A Spouse For A Period Of 4 Years n not willing to…
3 yrs ago I was married to a boy . We are not live together…
My parents got married in 1990 and my father went to abroad in 2003. In…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly