Woman accuses me of her divorce
I have had relations with a married woman in the past, which had ended. I am now married myself. I believe (although I do not know this for a fact) that this person is now filing for divorce as well. She is after me to â€˜hold me accountableâ€™. All three of us, this lady, my wife and I work in the same firm.
Please advise what issues she can create legally?
Section 497 of IPC deals with adultery. If you had relations with a married women her husband can file case of adultery against you. Under this section only the male offender is liable. Under section 497 of IPC in case you had sexual relations without the consent or connivance of her husband it is punishable with an imprisonment for up to 5 years or fine or both.
In such cases wife cannot be punished as an abettor you have mentioned that the married women wants to hold you accountable. Did you have sexual relations with her under promise of marriage? Did you exchange any emails or sms or letters wherein you promised her marriage? In such a case she can file case of rape against you.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Are daughter's eligible to claim share in grandfather's property
- Can I file application for including more charges in a defamation case
- Criminal case filed by unknown person can i file defamation case
- Husband asked to leave matrimonial house Can I stay till divorce
- Wife Not Coming back to matrimonial home, what can be done ?