Wife not wiling to come back. What can i do to get her and son back?
I got married in Feb, 2012 & our son was born in May, 2013. But my wife's relations with my parents are not good. So she started living in her parent's house since Feb, 2013 and now does not want to come back and live in the house where I am living with my parents.
She along with her parents also don't allow me to take my son anywhere though she herself visits her relatives. Is their any legal provision like "restitution of conjugal rights" etc so I may get my son & wife back?
You can file a petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 for restitution of conjugal rights. You can seek an order from the Hon'ble Court that your wife should come and live with you and fulfil her matrimonial duties.
In addition to the petition aforementioned, you can separately file a petition to seek custody of your child under the Guardianship and Wards Act, 1890.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Took loan from bank in dubai and did'nt repay can they file case on me
- What is the right and laibility of a Director after his resignation
- Advance maintenance taken by builder. Still paying it. What to do?
- In case of our death how can my brother claim money from bank account
- purchase house in bank auction , unable to registry