×

quesSister in law has a child now not coming home.

My elder brother's wife has gone to her parents house & not returned. She is not answering the phone, its her parents who is answering our calls. Seems like she is not interested in coming back & my brother too is not keen in continuing wiht this relation. They have 2 year old kid & we want the kid.

• ansIf both of them are not interested in continuing the marriage, it is advisable to approach her for divorce through mutual consent. As you are not able to establish communication with her, you can issue legal notice asking for restitution of conjugal rights or for divorce. If there is not contest over the guardianship of the child you can inform the court about the same and after the reconciliation proceeding court will grant divorce and guardianship.