quesSister in law has a child now not coming home.

My elder brother's wife has gone to her parents house & not returned. She is not answering the phone, its her parents who is answering our calls. Seems like she is not interested in coming back & my brother too is not keen in continuing wiht this relation. They have 2 year old kid & we want the kid.

  • ansIf both of them are not interested in continuing the marriage, it is advisable to approach her for divorce through mutual consent. As you are not able to establish communication with her, you can issue legal notice asking for restitution of conjugal rights or for divorce. If there is not contest over the guardianship of the child you can inform the court about the same and after the reconciliation proceeding court will grant divorce and guardianship.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hindu. I want separation from my husband. But i want property where i also invested.…
I am earning 25K per month and my husband earns 75k per month. I am…
sir mujhe apni patni se divorce lena hai meri shadi ko 1 sal hua hai…
 few weeks back my in laws came to my home from home town. After 2…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off