Medical condition of husband kept secret before marriage. What to do?
Meri shaadi 30 april 15 ko hui thi,15 din main sasural me rahi,iss dauran mujhe pata chala ki husband ko liukodarma(white spot) hai.Shadi se pehle hum logo ko unke dwara nahi bataya gaya,main ab kisi bhi haal me jana nahi chahti,talak ka ground kya hai?mutual consent ke liye woh razi hai.Section/12 kya hota hai? Please help me.
Section 12 deals with voidable marriages or marriages which can be annulled. Annulment means that the marriage never existed so the next time when you marry, legally it will be your first marriage. However, in your case annulment is not possible as it does not fulfil the conditions of section 12, so you have no option but to go for section 13B, that is divorce by mutual consent, in this case, both you and your husband can work out a deal/compromise and part ways, but this is a long drawn procedure and you will have to comply with the strict conditions of the statute, the minimum period prescribed cannot be waived, however, in the long run, this is the best option.
Advocate Imran IbrahimSarojini Naidu Marg, Allahabad
You cannot file divorce unless one year having passed from the date of marriage.
However, you can file annulment of marriage which is to be filed within one year from the date of marriage. The petition can be filed at your place of residence.
Advocate Rajat BindalDistrict Court, Bareilly, Bareilly
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I file a counter case against 138 NI on poor financial conditions
- Non payment of complete salary after completion of notice period
- Cheating by not getting the vehicle resisted
- divorce after love marriage
- Manufacturer not taking back expired goods. What can i do?