Medical condition of husband kept secret before marriage. What to do?

Meri shaadi 30 april 15 ko hui thi,15 din main sasural me rahi,iss dauran mujhe pata chala ki husband ko liukodarma(white spot) hai.Shadi se pehle hum logo ko unke dwara nahi bataya gaya,main ab kisi bhi haal me jana nahi chahti,talak ka ground kya hai?mutual consent ke liye woh razi hai.Section/12 kya hota hai? Please help me.

Answers (2)

121 votes

Section 12 deals with voidable marriages or marriages which can be annulled. Annulment means that the marriage never existed so the next time when you marry, legally it will be your first marriage. However, in your case annulment is not possible as it does not fulfil the conditions of section 12, so you have no option but to go for section 13B, that is divorce by mutual consent, in this case, both you and your husband can work out a deal/compromise and part ways, but this is a long drawn procedure and you will have to comply with the strict conditions of the statute, the minimum period prescribed cannot be waived, however, in the long run, this is the best option.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

71 votes

You cannot file divorce unless one year having passed from the date of marriage.
However, you can file annulment of marriage which is to be filed within one year from the date of marriage. The petition can be filed at your place of residence.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles