queslied and getting mentally torture by my wife. What can i do?

got married 2009 and after 9mnths came to that she is not divorced and i really felt bad---but she was already prgnent so i just ignored---after the brth of my son i felt i am wth not a normal lady.--attemted in front of me and my son suicide fr more than 3times just to blackmail me-now a days i am streessed out wth mental torture and financial black mail--she wud torture herself in frnt of my 4yrs son so that it look like i beating her and my son wud go to the school and say that father beated my mother last night...she wud shout to make catious and forced me to take out money fr her son...What can i do?

• ansHi, since its mentioned by you that your wife has a previous marriage that makes your marriage void or inexistent. But here you have to think smartly as your boy is also in the way. Taking into consideration that your wife is doing such acts for money try getting video camera's installed so to have a proof strong enough to prove your case if it goes to that. second get your wife checked in with a psychiatric since it seems she is suffering from acute depression disorder. Also you can try putting your son in a good hostel so he is not effected. If you want to file for divorce as a last resort, get a lawyer and make sure to first make sure self sound as per the above and then file.
    Also you can start keeping an account with your wife regarding the funds given and try doing the same through a bank account in joint name.
    thank you

Advocate Shalini Kapila

Dubai Creek Tower, Dubai

• ansDear Sir,

Your Problem is too big and need a detailed consultancy as there are more incidents with you which you cant express in few lines here and without getting all things in details its tough to suggest a right remedy for you.

please spare few minutes by taking appointment so that we will diagnose your issue professionally.

Mohan S.

Advocate Mohan S

Janakpuri, Delhi

• ansIf your wife is still married, your marriage is legally void. In any case, you can get divorce on account of cruelty under the Hindu Marriage Act. The custody of the son should be in your favor in case you can prove in court the unstable mental condition of your wife.

Advocate Mishika Singh