legal standing of a divorce agreement
I have a notarized divorce agreement with no claims from both parties. What is the legal standing of this document? Also, if there is no legal standing of the document, what is the way forward.
The divorce agreement has no force at all.
Without a decree of divorce no dissolution of marriage can happen. If both of you agree then you can file mutual petition for divorce in the local court of law.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can the data of students and teacher be made public.
- Property gifted by owner can be taken back by him
- How to recover money lent to a friend ?
- Lease agreement over will it be valid agreement if we stay on for days
- What is the procedure and documents required for charitable trust