If we initiate the divorce case, can we get expenses made on marriage?
My sister's in laws dont treat her well and she has returned home 8-10 times in 2 years since she got married. Now if we file a divorce case, what all can we claim as maintenance and marriage expenses.
Assuming you are Hindus,
Incase your sister wants divorce,
then she can file a divorce petition under Section 13 (1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of cruelty.
Further your sister can can claim maintenance under Section 125 Crpc or Section 24 of Hindu Marriage Act and permanent alimony under Section 25 of Hindu Marriage Act.
Therefore permanent alimony can also include the money spent for marriage.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Issued blank cheque to money lender he refuses to return what to do
- What is the procedure to marry an American citizen
- How to get extension for repayment of law
- Complaint against SDM of police and DSP of police how to file
- I want my wife to get my property after my death what is the procedure