quesIf we initiate the divorce case, can we get expenses made on marriage?

My sister's in laws dont treat her well and she has returned home 8-10 times in 2 years since she got married. Now if we file a divorce case, what all can we claim as maintenance and marriage expenses.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Assuming you are Hindus,

      Incase your sister wants divorce,

      then she can file a divorce petition under Section 13 (1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of cruelty.

      Further your sister can can claim maintenance under Section 125 Crpc or Section 24 of Hindu Marriage Act and permanent alimony under Section 25 of Hindu Marriage Act. 

      Therefore permanent alimony can also include the money spent for marriage.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My divorce case is pending in the district court since the last five years. I…

    Total duration of my marriage is 5 months. Me and my wife are ready to…

    If husband wife both mutually agree for divorce what are the conditions. Do they have…

    My husband abandoned me for 2 years and returned back only to leave me alone…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly