quesHusband is a drug addict.

My husband is a heroin addict, when I found out I got him treated but there was a relapse. Following which I had to move to my parent's home because of his habit of stealing jewelry. Now my son is 8 years and I want alimony and divorce. He has never bothered about me or my son. What are my rights?

• ansYou may seek divorce on the grounds of spousal cruelty, and also file for alimony. It is the inescapable duty of every husband to financially support his wife. This liability to maintain his wife and son can be enforced by filing a case for maintenance. You may also seek the custody of your son.