Husband is a drug addict.
My husband is a heroin addict, when I found out I got him treated but there was a relapse. Following which I had to move to my parent's home because of his habit of stealing jewelry. Now my son is 8 years and I want alimony and divorce. He has never bothered about me or my son. What are my rights?
You may seek divorce on the grounds of spousal cruelty, and also file for alimony. It is the inescapable duty of every husband to financially support his wife. This liability to maintain his wife and son can be enforced by filing a case for maintenance. You may also seek the custody of your son.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Mother in law took away my wife and blackmailing to fulfill demands
- No appointment letter. Illegally terminated. Salary pending. Remedy?
- Can RWA implement parking fines?
- How much income tax do I have to pay if I sell property worth Rs 1cr
- Company under liquidation how to file my claim in the company?