queshow to get FIR cancelled once 498 case is settled

We have got through the settlement of our 498 case thru mediator and the agreement is also signed by both parties and alimony is decided around 10 lacs for full settlement. My question is who should get the FIR cancelled - us or bride, the FIR was lodged by bride. Also, how we should get the divorce deed and rest of the formalities done? Our lawyer has asked for Rs.15000 to get the FIR cancelled from high court so that he can file a new case there to get the FIR cancelled.

  • ansWas there a clause in the settlement agreement regarding the withdrawal of cases by either side? Has the settlement been recorded by the court and decree passed in view thereof? Presuming the settlement is silent on the issue, you can present a certified copy of the settlement and ask the police to close the case. You may also ask your wife to do so since she lodged the FIR. Both the spouses can file a divorce petition u/s 13-B of the Hindu marriage act based on mutual consent to get divorced in the quickest way.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, I got married to Hungarian girl on 26th January 2013 in Bangalore, India…
Hi sir, I got married from last year recently I knew that my wife is…
My wife and her parents harrasing me continiously. They forcing me to accept their all…
I belongs to a christian RC family..my spouse is an engineer working abroad..we get married…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly