quesGirl married under pressure. Can i file for divorce?

I am married for four months and after my marriage i came to know that my wife is in love with someone else and because of family pressure she got married. Now i want divorce. is it possible?

  • ansOnly 4 months have passed since your marriage. If you ave any evidence to prove that your wife is in love with some one else then you may with the leave of the court apply for divorce before a year from your marriage.

    Moreover, since your wife is in love with some one else she may not be interested in continuing the marital tie any further. You should thus endeavor to convince her to separate amicably by applying for mutual divorce.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are Hindu couple, married in 1993 and have two adult sons. Elder one is…
Hello sir/mam, I and my husband got married on one month back without the parents…
I got married in year 2000. And my wife left us with her father in…
I got married with with hindu rituals 4 years back. I have a baby of…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly