Can a marriage be void if it was a child marriage?
I need advise me whether a marriage can be considered void ab initio or voidable. Can it be annulled. The marriage ( male did not treat it as marriage ever) took place in 2001 when male was 20 yrs old female may be 18+ or -. Male who was a student then was not accepting to get married to her. So father of girl fraudulently with the boy and by force on his parents arranged everything and got them married.
Then boy was freed. He then went to continue his study. He shocked with the trauma, even thought to give up his life, but being from poor family and the only hope of his parents, he just survived. Initially he thought he has lost his battle and shared some letters with girl. But as he grew he started becoming little strong. He thought he will not accept the marriage and he may fight his life. He had no physical relationship with the girl and did not do the gown a means bringing the girl to his home. Now he is successful government employee since 2006. Girl party aware of this tried everything to send his girl to him but failed. They are always threatening the boy and his gentle parents. They are also threatening with social pressure and legal action. Boy having risen from a poor background did not choose to take on them legally.
But now the girls father is taking legal actions whatever way possible. So please advise what actions they may take. Hoe the boy would defend. Whether such marriage can be declared void ab initio or voidable and can be annulled. Can it be a case of desertion by the boy. He does not want to accept her as wife at any cost. It is almost 13 years of living single for him now.
It's not voidable now. If there is not chance of reconciliation, applying for divorce is the only option left to you. Reach out to her or her parents and convince her your wife for mutual consent divorce. It she decides to contest, it will take long time to get relief.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- false calls from credit card
- can i attach property of my friend's father to recover my money
- We are land owner of open land. How can we enter our name in 7/12?
- Show cause notice by customs for ordering sex toy online from Alibaba
- Fathers land occupied by uncle how can I take possession