Advocate and bigamy
I am an advocate, I am a second wife of one business man, if the first wife give a complaint against me in bar council, what will happen?
The Bar Council has no authority whatsoever under the Advocates Act to take any action against you. The authority of Bar Council to penalize a lawyer is confined to acts of professional misconduct. Professional misconduct is an umbrella term given to those acts which emanate out of his professional dealings with his client and the duty towards the court.
The first wife of your husband can take recourse to her remedies under the legal framework of the country, but the Bar Council is dehors any authority of law to act against you.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Ancestral property sold when I was minor can I object now
- How can I file for divorce and claim maintenance under Muslim law
- Husband forcing me to live with his elder brother's family
- Can I file for property partition after parent's divorce
- Claiming right over the property inherited by parents