quesAdvocate and bigamy

I am an advocate, I am a second wife of one business man, if the first wife give a complaint against me in bar council, what will happen?

• ansThe Bar Council has no authority whatsoever under the Advocates Act to take any action against you. The authority of Bar Council to penalize a lawyer is confined to acts of professional misconduct. Professional misconduct is an umbrella term given to those acts which emanate out of his professional dealings with his client and the duty towards the court.

The first wife of your husband can take recourse to her remedies under the legal framework of the country, but the Bar Council is dehors any authority of law to act against you.