Advice on Divorce & Alimony
My wife and I have been separated for a little over 2 years. 2 years back I had to relocate from one city to another for business purposes and after a few months of my relocation my wife changed all her contact details and stopped all kinds of communication with me.
My parents asked her what she wanted and her reply was that she didn't want to live with me any more because my financial status has gone down drastically. I want a divorce from her. How much alimony will I have to pay her?
You can file a suit for divorce against her but you have to prove the acts of cruelty and the act of desertion made by her.
Alimony is roughly 1/3- 1/5th of your income. You can go in for a mutual divorce if she is not ready to live with you.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- College not accepting medical leave and not granting attendance
- What is the process of filing a divorce
- Promissory note without notarized and borrower is absconding
- Father in law not wiling to give property to daughter how to claim it
- mutual divorce initiation by girl