quesAdvice on Divorce & Alimony

My wife and I have been separated for a little over 2 years. 2 years back I had to relocate from one city to another for business purposes and after a few months of my relocation my wife changed all her contact details and stopped all kinds of communication with me.

My parents asked her what she wanted and her reply was that she didn't want to live with me any more because my financial status has gone down drastically. I want a divorce from her. How much alimony will I have to pay her?

  • ansYou can file a suit for divorce against her but you have to prove the acts of cruelty and the act of desertion made by her.

    Alimony is roughly 1/3- 1/5th of your income. You can go in for a mutual divorce if she is not ready to live with you.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I hv married with my maternal second cousin (my mother's cousin daughter) before 10 months…
I know a lady who is cheating on her husband and is in an extra…
Hello, I got married on 10 jan 2016 hindu family. But after few days the…

My brother had married near to 1.5-2 years back. He has a daughter. I was…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly