quesWife caused loss to company after termination. How can I save my wife?

My wife was working at the travel desk when she was sagged for a fault that wasn’t hers. They gave her the termination letter. After 1 month, my wife on finding out that they hadn’t changed their user name and password, cancelled booked airline tickets for 39 people.

When the company came to know about the same they filed a complaint in the Cyber crime who called us and asked us to compensate for the company’s losses. My wife had cancelled the tickets from her brother’s laptop who is now in U.S. A settlement amount of Rs. 50,000 is to be given from our side.

Is there still a way out of this?

No there is no way out of the settlement as what your wife has done amounts to cyber crime and she is liable for the same.

However your wife can file a civil case against the company for illegal termination. She can claim compensation for the termination on the grounds that she was not given an opportunity to defend herself i.e. violation of principles of natural justice (audi alteram partem) and if it was a breach of contract on the part of the company, then the same can also be put forth as a ground.

If you have to settle the dispute it's better to put quietus to the issue.