quesWife caused loss to company after termination. How can I save my wife?

My wife was working at the travel desk when she was sagged for a fault that wasn’t hers. They gave her the termination letter. After 1 month, my wife on finding out that they hadn’t changed their user name and password, cancelled booked airline tickets for 39 people.


When the company came to know about the same they filed a complaint in the Cyber crime who called us and asked us to compensate for the company’s losses. My wife had cancelled the tickets from her brother’s laptop who is now in U.S. A settlement amount of Rs. 50,000 is to be given from our side.


Is there still a way out of this?


  • ans


    No there is no way out of the settlement as what your wife has done amounts to cyber crime and she is liable for the same.


    However your wife can file a civil case against the company for illegal termination. She can claim compensation for the termination on the grounds that she was not given an opportunity to defend herself i.e. violation of principles of natural justice (audi alteram partem) and if it was a breach of contract on the part of the company, then the same can also be put forth as a ground.


    If you have to settle the dispute it's better to put quietus to the issue.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cyber Crime lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have a relationship with a guy but I m not married but that I…
My hubby has a relashionship with a married woman.they are sending vulgar messages through watsapp.…
I am getting harassment calls from tikona saying that if I don't pay their due…

Aginst me false cyber crime it act 66 complaints is issued by police. I was…

Cyber Crime Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Dhruv Banerji

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 4 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly