quesAre online pharmacies legal in India?

As per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940; and the the IT Act, 2000, there is no such provision. Only brick and mortar stores are permitted with registered pharmacist at the store at all times. How are such e-pharmacies allowed to operate and sell their products to consumers? Many of them even sell prescription drugs without asking for prescriptions.

• ansAs per law at hands they are not permitted to sell the products without the prescription. They can be prosecuted through the Drug inspector under the law at hands as well as the cyber cell for selling the prohibited products online which they are not permitted to sell off online.All the activities are taking place in an illegal manner whereby this needs to be stopped unless they are permitted within the frame work of the applied laws to sell of a product to the consumer. Example Pharmacies are the only entity allowed to sell 5 litres can of the Dettol and no other entity basically a entity selling of the Cleaning goods can sell it off to any consumer,