quesPromised to marry. Now denying to marry. What legal action possible?

I want to know can any girl take a legal action against a person who told his girlfriend to marry her and kept her waiting for 6 years and also forced her to leave her job and now when the time comes to marry her, he told that he will not marry her.


Both of them submitted form for marriage in registrar office. But at this point of time he told that he cannot marry her. Please help.


  • ans


    A woman cannot force a man to marry her, however she can register a criminal complaint against him.


    Therefore, she can file a complaint against that person for fraud and cheating, among other applicable criminal charges.


    Kindly give us the details of the relationship with the man for 6 years so that we can help you in a better way.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

One of my relatives lives in delhi. They got a house maid to take care…

Bought unknowingly Stolen laptop from quikr and now cops calls and ask to submit it…

Sir, i was a agent of a ltd. deposit co./society which was taken the deposit…

21st jan my parents went for shopping to sarkari bhandar and won a coupon we…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly