queshusband mentally harassing his wife

Hi, my sister in law is in very critical situation. Her husband is giving her mental harassment everyday. So we are planned to bring her back to our home. Do we have to file a complaint before we bring her. Please suggest

  • ansHi, you can file a complaint before the police for harassment and also file a complaint under domestic violence act. And you also file a complaint under section 498A/ 406 in women cell of your area and also file maintenance under 125 Crpc.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Father has three sons. Father expired in 1997. He had a license for Explosives in…

Respected Experts, Opposite party filed criminal case u/s. 494 & 114 against me and my…

A False Dishonest Fir U/S 294(B), 324 5-5(1) Has Been Filed Without Any Prima Facie…
Sir perrol vacation ko sanction kon si authority karti h bina kisi jamant ke bhi…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly