Fiancee harasses his partner. What all actions can she take?
I have a case in my family where a girl had an affair of three months approx. and she trusted the guy as they were in the same profession. Moreover, his parents contacted us and requested us to visit their place. The boy's father told us to perform initial ceremony (rokna) within two days and we did it accordingly.
But now the girl starts complaining that boy uses vulgar language, makes sexual contacts and threatens her to break the relation. He also puts allegations on the girl that she has another relation and snatched her mobile. The girl cannot even talk to her female friends.
What should she do?
She can register a complaint in the nearest police station for the offence of sexual harassment under Section 509 and criminal intimidation under Section 506.
She can break off the roka (engagement). However, if the boy refuses to let her break the roka (engagement), then she can also register a complaint under Section 366 of the Indian Penal Code for the offence of inducing a women to compel her for marriage.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No appointment letter. Illegally terminated. Salary pending. Remedy?
- Discrimination done by father between children what legal ways I have
- want to create an app/website and want to know all the legal aspects.
- Can my bua's son marry my sisters daughter?
- Legal rights of property purchased jointly by parents