quesFiancee harasses his partner. What all actions can she take?

I have a case in my family where a girl had an affair of three months approx. and she trusted the guy as they were in the same profession. Moreover, his parents contacted us and requested us to visit their place. The boy's father told us to perform initial ceremony (rokna) within two days and we did it accordingly.


But now the girl starts complaining that boy uses vulgar language, makes sexual contacts and threatens her to break the relation. He also puts allegations on the girl that she has another relation and snatched her mobile. The girl cannot even talk to her female friends.


What should she do?


  • ans


    She can register a complaint in the nearest police station for the offence of sexual harassment under Section 509 and criminal intimidation under Section 506.


    She can break off the roka (engagement). However, if the boy refuses to let her break the roka (engagement), then she can also register a complaint under Section 366 of the Indian Penal Code for the offence of inducing a women to compel her for marriage.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

In a ps case, can evidence directly be submitted in court after chargesheet filed? it…
ajj mere husband ko ipc 306 mai judge ne 5sal ki sza sunayi hai plss…
Can a badWoman who Fakemarried a man to get Greencard,+Robbed 10.Lakh.on pretence of Realwife but…
i am here i am engineer my relative he s doctor is booked under pocso…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly