quesDont have medical description can I file complaint to the police

My husband assaulted me very badly. I had serious wounds on neck, eyes etc. After that under family assurance and his begging for mercy i did not complained on police. After 1 month he started beating me again. And expelled me from his home. I want to complain at police but i am afraid as i don't have evidences. When he assaulted me, i took some pictures using my mobile. Wounds are visible in pic. I don't have medical prescription. My question is how can i effectively use those pictures as evidence and put him behind bars?

You can file a complaint in a police station against your husband for cruelty under section 498A. Picture evidence is valid in court provided that the pictures have not been tampered.