Colleagues threatening to file false complaint. How to save ourself?
We’ve been working in a government firm for almost 15 years now. Due to the laws that keep coming up, along with the reservation quotas, we have a major number of such employees in our office working with us.
The problem that seems to be arising at an alarming rate is that they have started threatening not only their colleagues but the seniors as well saying they will contact higher authorities claiming that we’ve been insulting them and threatening them even if we are just scolding them.
How can we safeguard ourselves against this menace?
You can file a complaint with the Police whereby intimating the police that you are being threatened of false implication by your colleague in false case under the stipulated Act.
In addition - you can register a complaint in the Police Station for Criminal Intimidation and threat under Section 506 of the Indian Penal Code.
Section 503 defines Criminal Intimidation as “Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation.
As you have stated that they are threatening you to file such false complaints and lower your reputation and harass you, this shall be covered within criminal intimidation.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Are employment bonds legally enforceable and grounds to avoid it?
- Property purchase on maiden name.
- A group of people harassing and threatning my aunts
- Aunt's property encroached by cousin. She has no heir. What to do?
- Client making unwanted advances and asking for favours to clear my due