quesColleagues threatening to file false complaint. How to save ourself?

We’ve been working in a government firm for almost 15 years now. Due to the laws that keep coming up, along with the reservation quotas, we have a major number of such employees in our office working with us.


The problem that seems to be arising at an alarming rate is that they have started threatening not only their colleagues but the seniors as well saying they will contact higher authorities claiming that we’ve been insulting them and threatening them even if we are just scolding them.


How can we safeguard ourselves against this menace?


  • ans


    You can file a complaint with the Police whereby intimating the police that you are being threatened of false implication by your colleague in false case under the stipulated Act.


    In addition - you can register a complaint in the Police Station for Criminal Intimidation and threat under Section 506 of the Indian Penal Code.

    Section 503 defines Criminal Intimidation as “Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to  the  person  or  reputation  of  any  one  in  whom  that  person  is  interested,  with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that  person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled  to  do,  as  the  means  of  avoiding  the  execution of  such  threat,  commits criminal intimidation.


    As you have stated that they are threatening you to file such false complaints and lower your reputation and harass you, this shall be covered within criminal intimidation.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My neighbour has a garden like area at the back of her house facing towards…
Sir ipc section 376,504,506 and sc st act cmplaint case me kya cjm court ka…
case is filed against me under 406 of IPC and there is no proof of…
My sister committed suicide 2 year earlier due to the cruelty of her husband and…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly