quesCan I file defamation case against my managing committee

Where dis case will b filed in d City Civil or Hi Court. Have served 2 notices to d Chairman & Sec. to put up an apology for d wrong they did not bothered to reply. The notice was on d NB for 25 days defiling my name falsel info. I intend to claim Rs.10 Lakhs as lost of reputation and damages. I m a Sr. Citizen. How many sets of docs. meed to be prepared along with d one on legal paper. Where I wll have to submit this in person? Whether this will b a Suit or a Writ. Is there any limitation of time or period in filing d case. Thanks pl advice.

• ansYour query is not clear to me but if I understand your issue is related to negligence on part of committee members, which is generally observed in most of the society. Approaching registrar or asking to dissolve the committee due to breach of duty on part of committee members.

Defamatory statement made by any member to you in front of other member does give a ground to file defamation suit but the compensation is solely discretion of the court.

Advocate Rajesh Singh

Kandivali, Mumbai