Can I file defamation case against my managing committee - FREE LEGAL ADVICE

quesCan I file defamation case against my managing committee

Where dis case will b filed in d City Civil or Hi Court. Have served 2 notices to d Chairman & Sec. to put up an apology for d wrong they did not bothered to reply. The notice was on d NB for 25 days defiling my name falsel info. I intend to claim Rs.10 Lakhs as lost of reputation and damages. I m a Sr. Citizen. How many sets of docs. meed to be prepared along with d one on legal paper. Where I wll have to submit this in person? Whether this will b a Suit or a Writ. Is there any limitation of time or period in filing d case. Thanks pl advice.

  • ansYour query is not clear to me but if I understand your issue is related to negligence on part of committee members, which is generally observed in most of the society. Approaching registrar or asking to dissolve the committee due to breach of duty on part of committee members.

    Defamatory statement made by any member to you in front of other member does give a ground to file defamation suit but the compensation is solely discretion of the court.

    Advocate Rajesh Singh

      Kandivali, Mumbai

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly