Can I file defamation case against my managing committee
Where dis case will b filed in d City Civil or Hi Court. Have served 2 notices to d Chairman & Sec. to put up an apology for d wrong they did not bothered to reply. The notice was on d NB for 25 days defiling my name falsel info. I intend to claim Rs.10 Lakhs as lost of reputation and damages. I m a Sr. Citizen. How many sets of docs. meed to be prepared along with d one on legal paper. Where I wll have to submit this in person? Whether this will b a Suit or a Writ. Is there any limitation of time or period in filing d case. Thanks pl advice.
Your query is not clear to me but if I understand your issue is related to negligence on part of committee members, which is generally observed in most of the society. Approaching registrar or asking to dissolve the committee due to breach of duty on part of committee members.
Defamatory statement made by any member to you in front of other member does give a ground to file defamation suit but the compensation is solely discretion of the court.
Advocate Rajesh SinghKandivali, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is stay possible if quashing case is going on in high court
- Father made gift deed to my brother and he died what to do
- How to get correction done in HSC and graduation marksheet
- Taking VRS from a government Insurance company to joining a PSU
- How can mother remove son from self made house who is very bad?