Acquitted from rape case after promise to marry now denying it
I filed a rape case in 2013. I got them acquitted by changing my statement in court because they promised to marry to me but now after getting them acquitted now he got me pregnant and is now denying to marry me. What action can i take now?
you can again file a case of sexual harassment against him, you can prove the same by medical examination. make a police complaint immediately and hire a good counsel.
for further clarification you can cal me.
Advocate Suneel MoudgilG T Road, Panipat
The judgment in the earlier case would be vital to determining whether you can successfully once again level allegations of rape against the same person. Ideally in such a situation where on the pretext of false promise of marriage such things happen then it does amount to rape as has been laid down in a number of judgments. Thus depending on whether the statement of the boy promising to marry has been recorded in the judgment or not you can pursue your remedy.
Advocate Rohan MittalSector 17, Panchkula
Its a complicated and serious issue which cannot be answered properly without thoroughly going through all the case papers and after studying it we can proceed accordingly. Because any advice without that can cause a loss to you.
Advocate Sumit TuliDistrict Court, Panipat, Panipat
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bought phone online and not providing warranty for the phone
- Husband wants to take separately after 4 months of marriage
- Daughter claiming share in fathers property what to do
- Company Bond Breaking and is work duration bond legal in india?
- Lawyer harassing me and threatening me. What can i do against him?