quesAcquitted from rape case after promise to marry now denying it

I filed a rape case in 2013. I got them acquitted by changing my statement in court because they promised to marry to me but now after getting them acquitted now he got me pregnant and is now denying to marry me. What action can i take now?

  • ansDear Client,
    you can again file a case of sexual harassment against him, you can prove the same by medical examination. make a police complaint immediately and hire a good counsel.

    for further clarification you can cal me.


    Advocate Suneel Moudgil

      G T Road, Panipat

  • ansThe judgment in the earlier case would be vital to determining whether you can successfully once again level allegations of rape against the same person. Ideally in such a situation where on the pretext of false promise of marriage such things happen then it does amount to rape as has been laid down in a number of judgments. Thus depending on whether the statement of the boy promising to marry has been recorded in the judgment or not you can pursue your remedy.

    Advocate Rohan Mittal

      Sector 17, Panchkula

  • ansDear Madam,
    Its a complicated and serious issue which cannot be answered properly without thoroughly going through all the case papers and after studying it we can proceed accordingly. Because any advice without that can cause a loss to you.

    Advocate Sumit Tuli

      District Court, Panipat, Panipat

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

How to quash a false 498A case against me and how long it will take?
My wife filed a 498 and 507 323 like this against my family and on…
4 months back police has registered a false case against me on the basis of…
Please tell the meaning of these lines mentioned in the court order for his Anticipatory…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly