×

quesAcquitted from rape case after promise to marry now denying it

I filed a rape case in 2013. I got them acquitted by changing my statement in court because they promised to marry to me but now after getting them acquitted now he got me pregnant and is now denying to marry me. What action can i take now?

• ansDear Client,
    you can again file a case of sexual harassment against him, you can prove the same by medical examination. make a police complaint immediately and hire a good counsel.

for further clarification you can cal me.

Regards,

Advocate Suneel Moudgil

G T Road, Panipat

• ansThe judgment in the earlier case would be vital to determining whether you can successfully once again level allegations of rape against the same person. Ideally in such a situation where on the pretext of false promise of marriage such things happen then it does amount to rape as has been laid down in a number of judgments. Thus depending on whether the statement of the boy promising to marry has been recorded in the judgment or not you can pursue your remedy.

Advocate Rohan Mittal

Sector 17, Panchkula

• ansDear Madam,
    Its a complicated and serious issue which cannot be answered properly without thoroughly going through all the case papers and after studying it we can proceed accordingly. Because any advice without that can cause a loss to you.

Advocate Sumit Tuli

District Court, Panipat, Panipat