Are documents obtained by RTI valid in the court of law?
1) I have obtained some public documents thru RTI, The Documents has been stamped as "UNDER RTI ACT", Is this documents is valid to submit in consumer forums. 2) What is difference between "Certified Copy" and a document stamped as "UNDER RTI".
1.Documents obtaned under RTI Act are very much admissible in consumer court or any other court since they have been issued by a govt /public authority and carry the seal of that department.you can safely file them in any court.
2. A certified copy is supplied by the court. not a public authority
Advocate Rekha AggarwalHigh Court, Delhi
The documents obtained under RTI can be filed in the court.. There is no problem with its authenticity.. Remember to file original RTI documents and not the photocopy.
2. Certified copy generally refer to those documents dully stamped and signed by an authority who have possession of it legally..
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
1. Yes, the documents that you have obtained under RTI Act and stamped as "UNDER RTI ACT" are valid and will be taken into consideration by the consumer forums.
2. A certified copy is a copy of a primary/original document that has been verified as being a true copy of it. However, a document stamped as UNDER RTI verifies it to be a valid and legal document given under the Right to Information Act.
Advocate Shivanshu SinghJungpura Extension, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Needs an urgent guidance to recover our money from CRB scam
- Parents took loan is son liable to pay back the loan
- Tenant not paying the rent what can be done
- Salary not paid and company asking to resign. How to recover salary?
- Can I add a clause in agreement that seller will pay 4 times if fails