quesis legal notice sent via email a valid legal notice

I gave a person Rs 300000 as a loan around 2 years back. He gave me a cheque last month of Rs 400000 including interest which bounced. I sent him a notice within 15 days of the cheque bounced but notice was returned due to his incorrect address given to me. Then I sent him an email within the time limit. Kindly tell me if sending notice via email has legal validity? Can i file a FIR also against the person for cheque bounced offense?

  • ans

    A notice sent via email is not a legal notice.

    A legal notice, as mandated by the law in the given facts, has to be issued by a lawyer on his letter head. FIR can be filed for the offence of cheating. That apart, you need to bear in mind that a prosecution for cheque bounce will not by itself result in the money being returned to you.

    In order to recover your money along with interest you need to file a separate case for recovery of money in the court.


    Click here to find the best Cheque Bounce lawyer in your city.

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

We run a retail shop, where a customer handed us a check of 70k and…
Sir My company is a private limited company There was some conspiracy done by my…
Query: Hi Sir/Madam, I need to know whether the cheque dishonored due to mismatch of…
1. We provided a cheque to party (“payee”) and it bounced with the bank notation…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Vikram Ojha

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly