quesis legal notice sent via email a valid legal notice

I gave a person Rs 300000 as a loan around 2 years back. He gave me a cheque last month of Rs 400000 including interest which bounced. I sent him a notice within 15 days of the cheque bounced but notice was returned due to his incorrect address given to me. Then I sent him an email within the time limit. Kindly tell me if sending notice via email has legal validity? Can i file a FIR also against the person for cheque bounced offense?

• ansA notice sent via email is not a legal notice.

A legal notice, as mandated by the law in the given facts, has to be issued by a lawyer on his letter head. FIR can be filed for the offence of cheating. That apart, you need to bear in mind that a prosecution for cheque bounce will not by itself result in the money being returned to you.

In order to recover your money along with interest you need to file a separate case for recovery of money in the court.

Click here
    to find the best Cheque Bounce lawyer in your city.