quesCheque bounced by stop payment. what to do now?

I have got a cross cheque from a person. That person told me to drop the cheque after a certain date. I dropped the cheque in bank after the said date. The Cheque bounced, for reason of stop payment from that person. So can I file a case under NI act 138 and any other case as well?

  • ansYes, you can file case under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.
    For filing the case you need to send him notice for payment within one month giving him 15 days time. 2. if expiry of 15 days from the date of your notice, he does not make the payment, then file within next 30 days.

    Also you can file a case of cheating as well as criminal breach of trust

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Two cheques RCD from frnd against loan of 6.30 lac, one from his personal account…
I have taken a sum of 10 thousand rupees from my friend and in the…
sir, we have sell a plot on 5th nov and purchaser gave us a cheque…
Legal notice by speed post sent on 1st april and returned unserved on 10th april…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly