quesCheque bounced by stop payment. what to do now?

I have got a cross cheque from a person. That person told me to drop the cheque after a certain date. I dropped the cheque in bank after the said date. The Cheque bounced, for reason of stop payment from that person. So can I file a case under NI act 138 and any other case as well?

• ansYes, you can file case under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.
    For filing the case you need to send him notice for payment within one month giving him 15 days time. 2. if expiry of 15 days from the date of your notice, he does not make the payment, then file within next 30 days.

Also you can file a case of cheating as well as criminal breach of trust