Cheque bounced by stop payment. what to do now?
I have got a cross cheque from a person. That person told me to drop the cheque after a certain date. I dropped the cheque in bank after the said date. The Cheque bounced, for reason of stop payment from that person. So can I file a case under NI act 138 and any other case as well?
Yes, you can file case under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.
For filing the case you need to send him notice for payment within one month giving him 15 days time. 2. if expiry of 15 days from the date of your notice, he does not make the payment, then file within next 30 days.
Also you can file a case of cheating as well as criminal breach of trust
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- HUF rights of a married daughter.
- Parents claimed for maintenance no able to pay what can I do
- Can i get khata transfer to legal heirs name
- Builder asking receipts for every amount he refunds. is it ok to issue
- Credit card dues in UAE bank agents harassing me