Legal procedure to obtain copy of will to deed property to wife

I have a small property in Ahmednagar Taluka , Maharastra I am a Christian Now settled in Australia. I have recently been diagnosed with terminal Cancer and want a copy of a will to deed this property to my wife

Answers (4)

297 votes

You have to make a will and for this you can contact me for drafting will.
You have to make a will and for this you can contact me for drafting will.
You have to make a will and for this you can contact me for drafting will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

136 votes

Sorry to hear about your health. You should immediately engage a lawyer and draft a will in respect of your property in favour of your wife.

Please make sure you do the following:
1. You appoint an executor of the will;
2. You register the will along with a seal.

Please find a link of a sample will.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
163 votes

Hi. What I understand from your query is that you want to gift your property to your wife. You can do that in two ways. First is by executing a gift deed in favour of your wife and getting it duly registered with the competent authority. This will legally transfer the title to the property in your wife's favour in your lifetime itself. Second is by executing a Will and bequeathing the property in favour of your wife. Making a Will does not entail any legal procedure except that after your demise, the executor appointed by you in your Will will have to prove the Will before a court of law and get the Will authenticated by Court. This process is known as probating the Will. It will require payment of fixed court fees of Rs 75000/-. Also it will require your wife to appoint a lawyer and bear his/her fees in addition. Also there are chances that there may be objection to the grant of probate when court issues a notice inviting objections from your legal heirs. So I suggest you adopt the first route and execute a gift deed in your wife's name. That's simple and straight forward. Also presently there is only a nominal stamp duty of Rs 200 payable on the gift deed. Both you and your wife can sign the gift deed in Australia itself before Indian Embassy in Australia. Then you can execute a special power of attorney in favour of your trusted friend or relative in India who can register the gift deed in India on your and your wife's behalf. You and your wife can also execute separate powers of attorney in favour of two different individuals. Thanks.

273 votes

You need to get the will drafted from a good lawyer and trasfer the rights to your wife ior better make a gift deed in favour of your wife ....for any further clarifications please contact to explain the terms in details

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

what values to put in column of Consideration Price * and Registration Amt * to make payment for Registration of WILL in Delhi via websit…

Read More

I have a property was gifted by my grandfather through registered gift deed in the year 1992. Mutaion is also in my name and rent duly paid regurarly.…

Read More

I m 64 yrs old retired from psu nd wish to draft a will Ihave a freehold self owned house Adequate bnk balance One bnk locker Monthly pension Nd a spo…

Read More

As I am an executor of a WILL (scheduled property being Residential House ) which was registered after the death of testator. Am I entitled to get the…

Read More