How to write a will and get it registered

My grandfather has yet to write his will. What is the procedure of writing a will and getting it accepted by the court?

the procedure is very simple.... he can write it on plan paper as to what property is to be delivered to whom.....and after that get the same witnessed by two witnesses.....The only thing to be kept in mind is that the property should be his self acquired with respect to which he is going to write the will..... for more contact me

There is no particular procedure for writing a Will as such. Any drafting can be a good or a bad drafting. The idea while writing a Will is that it should be clear, precise of the devolution, unequivocal and certain. If owing to bad drafting there creeps any ambiguity or doubt then interpretation of the Will become a issue and the start point of a potential conflict. This is where skills of a lawyer familiar with drafting and pleadings in general and drafting of a will in particular comes into picture. If a will is not drafted under a lawyer's auspices, then there are high chances that interpretational issues and conflict surrounding them will arise.

Probate of a Will is the procedure by which a Court of law accepts the sanctity and veracity of the Will and then accords its imprimatur to it. The procedure of probate varies from one State to another and therefore depending upon the State you belong to, the probate procedure can be accordingly taken

For instance, in many situations, probate is not a requirement before enforcing a Will in Delhi.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

There is no set format for writing a will. Only thing to consider while writing a will is that the will should clearly mention the discription of the property and as to to whom it is to be delivered. That there must be atleast 2 witness who can identify the person making the will and in whose presence the will should be signed by the testator. Next you should get will registered with your local sub-registrar's office. Further after the death of the testator a probate petition needs to be filed before the concerned court and get the will probated in favour of the legatee and proved by the witnesses and the concerned sub registrar office. The judge after making necessary inquiries pass an order in tge favour of tye legatee