Transfer of property to another person's name whether taxable

I have purchased one house in the name of one my friend and now I am willing to transfer this property in my mother's name ..Is this taxable in India and which is the better way to transfer this property in low cost? ...Thanking you...

Answers (2)

71 votes

We can provide the assistance only after the first consultancy charges you can contact me on my number.

I brief i will inform you that it is taxable but upto certain limit so we will have to discuss as what is the price of the house and other details as well

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

59 votes

The property is taxable once it is to be transferred to a person out of family. Let us know where is the property exactly located so that we can provide you the exact stamp duty and government registration fees cost. You may call me on 0091-9879883808

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."