Return of income tax for financial year 2012-2013

Can I claim income tax refund for fy 2012-13 by filing return now.

Answers (2)

94 votes

You can file return within two years of financial year. In your case it was 2014-2015, in which you should have filed your return for 2012-2013. So, you cannot claim refund since you have belated your return.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

Yes, You can file belated return for claiming refund. you have to make an application to the commissioner of Income Tax giving explanation for delay in filing return. The CIT can condone the delay and you can get refund.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
19 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."