Can i gift my share in property to daughter after husband's death

Dear Sir /Madam My husband has one property in his name now he has died he don't have any will After my husband me have only daughter ,i want to gift my part of property to my daughter can i gift the same ,is there any tax implies on same ?

Answers (3)

266 votes
As per your query, if you have filed a partition deed and the flat has been divided equally among you and your daughter then you can make a gift deed in favor of your daughter’s name. The taxes applicable will depend upon the cost of the property.
If the property has yet not been divided among the legal heirs and is still in the father’s name then you can make a relinquishment deed or a NOC giving up your rights/share in the property.

145 votes

Hello Ma'am i have gone through your query. There are some law through which you can transfer your property by the name of your daughter and the tax issues can be solve by referring the whole case personally.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

213 votes

No if it is gift no tax is imply ...but it must be registered and attested by two people.the beneficiary must not be likely to reap any income otherwise the day it will be taxable. It does nit come into income generation activity as hindu undevided family daughter has the right over ancestral property so no question of tax for you.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
19 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."