When second marriage done before getting the notice on appeal case in

In Supreme Court Law
When second marriage done before getting the notice on appeal case in supreme court. THEN IN THIS CASE WHAT CAN BE DONE .

Answers (3)

79 votes
In that case such marriage is null & void that is it will not be considered as legal in the eyes of law. All the proceedings of the court must be exhausted before going for the second marriage. The appeal must be made final and one should wait till the judgement is passed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


326 votes
If the second marriage was done after the time period for approaching SC was over and the other party was late in filing the appeal before the SC then the second marriage can still be saved legally. Kindly contact for more information.

Popular Supreme Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

161 votes
If someone has committed such an act the same will amount to be a criminal offence. The same shall amount of Bigamy.

Any such marriage will be void and would not amount to a legal marriage.

Cohabitation with another person pending divorce is valid.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Supreme Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."