Continue to LawRato.com with Google


SLP be dismissed without condoning the delay

Can any SLP be dismissed without condoning the delay ??

Answers (5)

Yes! SLP can be dismissed by the Supreme Court without condoning the delay. In fact it can also be dismissed only on the ground of delay and without consideration on merits. The Court is under no obligation to condone the delay before dismissing the SLP.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, SLP can be dismissed without condoning the delay. That means no matter even though there is a delay in filing, court has not dismissed the same both on the ground of merits of the matter.

Renuka Sahu
Advocate Supreme Court

Popular Supreme Court Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
21 years Experience

Yes, it can be.

If the counsel has not made a specific request for condonation and, more so, in cases where the SLP, apart from being devoid of merits, is also hopelessly time barred.

I hope this suffices.

In Hon'ble Supreme Court SLP is filed under Article 136 of the Constitution of India.
SLP has to be preferred against the Order or Judgment of the Hon'ble High Court within 90 days of the date of the order or judgment.
If there is delay in filing SLP and no reasonable explanation is given for delay in filing SLP, the Hon'ble Supreme Court can dismiss the SLP in this ground only.

Yes Supreme Court holds the power to dismiss the SLP without condoning the delay as it can be assumed from your facts that there has been a delay of large number of days and if a petitioner fails to provide a reasonable explanation for the delay, then his/her petition may be dismissed by the Hon'ble Court.

For any further assistance, you may reach me back.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

File a Caveat

4.6 | 89 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7999
File a Caveat in the concerned court with the help of an experienced advocate.
15 Minutes Supreme Court Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 141 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Supreme Court matter
File a Public Interest Litigation (PIL)

4.8 | 53 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 21999
File a PIL in SC / HC with the help of an experienced advocate.
Similar questions

Respected Advocates, I am in a big trouble and need immediate and expert advice on my case. Last Month my Advocate who is (AOR) in supreme court file …

Read More

Registered property a flat along with 19 other flats demolised by a builder with a concocted case abd with by passing the registrar of society a d get…

Read More

I want to know that is it possible , without going into the merit of final judgement of high court , supreme court can give order? An earning wife whi…

Read More

I want to know how to file PIL in Supreme Court against State public service commission as per SC reservation not allow more than 50% but the com…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue