×

How to alter grounds and prayer in writ petition in supreme court

I would like to add few more prayers and grounds in my criminal writ petition Hon'ble supreme court. My case has been listed, can I alter at this stage. In one of the grounds, I have mentioned or requested to allow me to alter these.

Yes the prayer can be amended with due permission of the judge ..
Further then you have to withdraw the petition also and file it again ...
And then the order has to be annexed with the fresh slp .
This would be done by your Advocate on record

You would be required to file and Interlocutory Application in the pending Criminal writ petition before the supreme cpurt under provisions of supreme court Rules 2013 read with CPC. The application would first be listed for hearing on merits, where the court would appreciate if sufficient cause exists for the condoning the delay and the ground/prayer being added do not alter the nature of the case. Once this application is allowed you shall be permitted to file and amended memo of the Writ petition.

Popular Supreme Court Lawyers

New Friends Colony, Delhi

Dear Sir,
You can not alter once it is listed for hearing, you may after/ on hearing you may alter /add grounds and prayer in your writ petition subject to cost. it is not permissible once it is listed.

Yes there is such practice under the Supreme Court rules. You can file a supplementary affidavit adding the grounds and law points you want to take but so far as modification of prayers and concerned you would have to file an interlocutory application which will be heard by the court .

Hello client .
As I have filled a criminal writ petition on supreme court of India and the Sam ehas been cleared for listing also and now you want to edit the prayer clause now after filling it in court and getting it listed for hearing in this matter the things can get altered but in tht case Ur expenses will get increased.