What to do if PIO refuses to give document

I was filed a RTI to the Registrar of Cooperative Society Odisha regarding the documents of a selected candidate for junior clerk (Examination Conducted by Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commision) . but The PIO refused to provide the information and mentioned The information would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of any person . By which section of RTI Act I can get the documents (educational documents,father's name etc) of a selected candidate. If here any RTI expert then please guide me.

Answers (2)

185 votes

You file a first appeal before the first appealate authority under RTI Act.Which information you sought is not exempted under RTI Act . Applicant under RTI Act has the right to obtain such information as this Act envisage transparency in public governance.You may contact me for the purpose .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

Well if you think the data you sought for will reveal any forgery and it is in the interest of public and are the essential criteria for that job you can file an appeal before the First Appellate authority in the concerned department. Or else you can file the same before the information commissioner of the state.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles