What to do if PIO refuses to give document

I was filed a RTI to the Registrar of Cooperative Society Odisha regarding the documents of a selected candidate for junior clerk (Examination Conducted by Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commision) . but The PIO refused to provide the information and mentioned The information would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of any person . By which section of RTI Act I can get the documents (educational documents,father's name etc) of a selected candidate. If here any RTI expert then please guide me.

You file a first appeal before the first appealate authority under RTI Act.Which information you sought is not exempted under RTI Act . Applicant under RTI Act has the right to obtain such information as this Act envisage transparency in public governance.You may contact me for the purpose .

Well if you think the data you sought for will reveal any forgery and it is in the interest of public and are the essential criteria for that job you can file an appeal before the First Appellate authority in the concerned department. Or else you can file the same before the information commissioner of the state.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala