RTI to know the property and source of income for that property

While partitioning of my grandfathers property i sense my elder uncle took more property than other brothers. He worked as peon in an association and earned less than 10k per month. now he holds more property than his income. i think he cheated on his brothers on propery and took more share. can i file a RTI to know the property and source of income for those property.

Answers (1)

141 votes

Partition of property may have happened amicably and hence impropotionate shares, If at all, you sense a foul-play, share the document privately to me and we can analyze, and finalize if there is any-way to dispute the partition of property in question. However, Partition of property happens predominantly for heredity property and it is by way of birth. Hence, there is no need for a financial source to prove or even to have a financial income to get one's share. To know the value of a property at the time of partition you may apply a certified copy and view the schedule of property and valuation. With regard to RTI of Income Tax or Source, it cannot disclosed by means of RTI.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles