primary teacher qualification affiliated with CBSE

In R.T.I Law
my younger brother is studying in CBSE affiliated school in 1st standard where a maths teacher teaches so wrong and I m surprised that teacher is just intermidiate without maths from commerce stream but I think is that as per CBSE rules no teacher can teach in school who do not possess B.ed diploma or certificate of elementary I didn't want that my brother and other students fail in their future upcoming life.. I m so confused what to do.... how to do pls rply me sir

Answers (2)

201 votes
You could file a rti with the ministry of education, to provide a list of all the teachers with their qualifications in which your younger brother is studying. This would enable us to know if the teacher is qualified or not.

You can also ask this question in the rti, that what would be the consequences if the teacher does not have a b.ed or diploma, are the eligible to teach if yes. What is the minimum qualification a teacher needs to posses to teach children in 1st standard.

For further assistance kindly take an appointment and I would be glad to help you with the process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


350 votes
Hi, you have not mentioned the name of school. Is that school is recognized by government ?Or is affiliated to CBSE ? I want to clear that BEd is not a diploma, its a degree programme in Education. Its a qualification necessary to teach student above 5th standard. You seems to be confusing due to the quality of education in school. You may shift your brother to another good school for his bright future. And if u want to take action against teacher, you may personally meet with the notebook of your brother and other details so that the strategy is made to improve the quality of education into that school.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."