Non response of subjected officers in retrievel of information via RTI

Dear Sir/Madam, I recently filled an RTI request in order to retrieve the expenses of my village administration. My request was forwarded department wise and in the end was forwarded to the union panchayat office which is located in kadaladi. The request was for the MGNREGA reports that i mentioned for a specific year. I later received a letter from the office that I'am subjected to pay Rs.250 as a service and paper cost charge. I did pay the amount as mentioned and provided them the chellan as per request by the officer in charge. Now it has been 2 months and my request for the data has not been supplied. I did file an appeal online but received a reply that any matter should be discussed with the related office as the request has been forwarded. I did consult with the related office but they are just giving me reasons stating that they are being busy with other matters and so on. I'm out of gestures and require a legal assistance on the above mentioned matter.Thank You.

Answers (2)

56 votes

You may address the matter to the Public Information Officer of your state and if there is no reply received. You can file a Writ Petition in the High Court at your jurisdiction and ask HC to direct PIO to provide you copies.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

261 votes

Hello if you don't receive the reply you have to make an appeal to the Appellate Authority with the earlier letter and also along with their reply and the proof for your payment. even then if you don't get a reply then you have make an appeal to the State Information Commission and even then if they did'nt reply the you have to file a case before the court of law

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles