Non response of subjected officers in retrievel of information via RTI

Dear Sir/Madam, I recently filled an RTI request in order to retrieve the expenses of my village administration. My request was forwarded department wise and in the end was forwarded to the union panchayat office which is located in kadaladi. The request was for the MGNREGA reports that i mentioned for a specific year. I later received a letter from the office that I'am subjected to pay Rs.250 as a service and paper cost charge. I did pay the amount as mentioned and provided them the chellan as per request by the officer in charge. Now it has been 2 months and my request for the data has not been supplied. I did file an appeal online but received a reply that any matter should be discussed with the related office as the request has been forwarded. I did consult with the related office but they are just giving me reasons stating that they are being busy with other matters and so on. I'm out of gestures and require a legal assistance on the above mentioned matter.Thank You.

You may address the matter to the Public Information Officer of your state and if there is no reply received. You can file a Writ Petition in the High Court at your jurisdiction and ask HC to direct PIO to provide you copies.

Hello if you don't receive the reply you have to make an appeal to the Appellate Authority with the earlier letter and also along with their reply and the proof for your payment. even then if you don't get a reply then you have make an appeal to the State Information Commission and even then if they did'nt reply the you have to file a case before the court of law

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala