Does college and university comes under the preview of RTI

how can I seek information from my college or university administration under RTI ?? How can I check whether given information is right or wrong ?? If given information is wrong then what next??

Answers (1)

149 votes

just write an application to the public information officer of the college or university. make points like 1,2,3 and ask directly the information you want to know. you can also demand copy of the documents @ rs 2 per copy. and you can also inspect the any official file of the college you have to just write an application to public information officer for inspect the file. you also obtain the copy of the documents.
if you found the information is incorrect or got given in prescribed period, you can appeal to the appellant authority. there is provision of fine and punishment in rti act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles