Can I get 20 yrs old complaint copy from a Police station using RTI?

I need police complaint of an incident that happend 20 years ago, can I get it thru RTI? Does RTI has any limitations?

A complaint copy might be destroyed and the department is not needed to mandatorily keep a copy of all documents received via post or in-person. However, any FIR that has been filed may be retrieved with the help of RTI.

Hello
RTI Act does not have any limitation period for asking information from the public authority. but the thing is you must see whether the information sought by you will available with the authority. certain documents will not be kept for longer period of time and it will be destroyed after giving public notice

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala