Can a RTI be filed to get marriage details of someone elses marriage

In R.T.I Law
Dear Lawyers, While contesting my DV case, I come to know that my wife cheated me & had been married to a guy few years before our marriage. But problem is that wife married to that guy in Arya Samaj Temple and when that guy left her few months after their marriage, she married me, without divorcing him. But wife family remains quiet on that issue and supporting her in her cheating. They want me to pay huge maintenance for filing mutual divorce. To prove my innocence & book wife & her family behind bars, I want to get copy of marriage certificate/marriage register from Arya Samaj Temple. As till now I dont know the exact marriage date and the name of the guy whom she married, I want to file RTI for whole year to get marriages detail. Please help me how I can get marriage details legally from Arya Samaj Temple. Also what are other mean to fight cheating case if I dont get previous marriage details from Arya Samaj Temple.

Answers (1)

341 votes
As i have read your matter details above it is the best way of your solution if you got the marriage detail of your wife first marriage. It is compulsory for every institution or society to keep the record of the marriage which were performed in their institution and also keep the details of that marriage. So keep doing your efforts you will definitely get relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."