Release of stolen car when have RC but car in other person's name

Stolen car for release that is not my name but I have original rc, please help me and fir is also by name

Answers (5)

in this case you can file a superdari application along with any sell letter or any instrument exchanged for the car with its previous owner you have to submit that along with your application for superdari

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You need to appoint a lawyer who will file an application for return of property u/s 457 of crpc. After filing the application court will issue notice to police and matter will fix for say of police . On fixed date ur lawyer will argue the matter and accordingly court will pass d order for return of it vehicle on executing indemnity bond of like amount.You have to keep ready with docuemnt which clarify you are connected with vehicle whether relative name or purchaser.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

If you have an FIR of your stolen car, visit the court where the court proceedings are going in with respect to your FIR, show all the documents of your car, i.e. RC, copy of FIR, copy of Invoice of car in the court and upon receiving the investigation from the Investigating officer, the court shall release the car.

In case the court proceedings has come to an end, then you can move an application in the same case along with the above documents for release of stolen car..

If the car is registered in someone else's name I am sorry to say you can't release the same even though you have the original rc unless the person in who's name it is registered will produce his documents ie I'd proofs.

Dear sir

Well you have to produce the person in court in whose name the car is. Or if that person is not coming to the court then that person need to give special power of attorney to you..then only that vehicle would release on superdari

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

My father who is now 87 years old and suffering memory loss issues is now being asked by a close relative to pay back an alleged sum of Rs 20000 wit…

Read More

I have been doing business with one of my customer from the past 8-9 years . my concern is that the person who is giving my payment is now dead. So no…

Read More

Hello Team, I had transferred 3 lakhs amount to a friend/acquintance more than 6 months ago as a loan. He had assured me of returning it within 6 mont…

Read More

I have purchased some product from Delhi wholesaler with Bill, wholesaler has sent 5 carton (5 boxes) through Transport (truck) from Delhi to Bangalor…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue