Refund after cancellation not being processed by the builder

Builder has not returned the adv amount after canceling of flat. As per the contract, he should reimburse the amount after deducting cancelation fee. But no action has been taken. I ve been following up through emails, telephone and personal visit. Each time they tell we are processing the case. It has come to my notice that the case has not reached to higher auth in the office. Also, no contact information of managerial level is being provided. The canceled flat was booked and sold in 1 month that time.. Kindly advice. ....

Answers (3)

335 votes

My Response to your query:
Builder has not paying advance amount in this circumstances you have to send him written communication to concern person. If not replied you can send notice through Advocate.

For consultation you may contact me.

Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes


You should engage a lawyer and send a legal notice to the builder for recovery of due amount . Legally the builder needs to return the money in 15 days.

You may contact me in case you need further assistance.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
90 votes

In order to receive your monies. You will have to send him a demand notice through a legal counsel. And later on initate recovery suit before civil court or under rera. Kindly contact us if you are interested in hiring our services.

Adv Akshay Shinde.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles